Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wonderful Wednesday

I've decided that I really need to take time out each week (well, each day would be better but I won't bore you with that) to remember what is wonderful about my life. There are days like today when I really need to remember to keep myself from banging my head against the wall.

Quiet moments
Right now, as I type this, I'm laying on Garrett's bed, gorgeous QLD sunshine is flickering through the wooden blinds. Ande is (was) quietly watching sesame st. I have a chance after sorting through some toys for charity to just chill. I'm not sure why, but lately I've much preferred to relax in the boys room, rather than my own. I guess because its just so much more inviting with the winter sun warming up this side of the house.
I so could go for a nanna lap right about now.

Happy Ande after naughty Ande and wonderful uplifting friends
This morning I was mortified when Ande threw a tantrum at the shops. He isn't one that regularly has those public displays of aggression (private is a whole other matter!), so it still catches me off guard when he doesn't stop after the first word of warning. I gave up what I was doing and we came home. I had a sook on Facebook and was almost instantly reassured that his behaviour wasn't a direct reflection on my parenting skills. It so often feels like it is, so to be so quickly uplifted was comforting as well as reassuring.
After we got home, ande must have realised that he'd pushed me to my limits and has returned to happy Ande. Typical.

Access to good quality drugs
Before you start calling DOCS and scream 'won't somebody please think of the children' lovejoy from the Simpsons style. I'm talking painkillers. I've had an horrible toothache that nothing I tried had worked at giving me any real relief for any real length.of time. That is until today. I've got something new, and for about 2 and a bit hours I've been feeling relatively normal.

I don't even have to brave pick up today as Garrett is getting a lift home!


1 comment: